Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hero

My new favorite song is "The Invasion (Hero)" By Trip Lee. I can never just listen to it one time, I have to listen to it at least twice, if not more. I really think that the rappers that make up the 116 Clique have the best lyrics of any Christian music today. For real. This song is all about how we are broken and Jesus came to save us. He is our Hero, our knight in armor. He has already saved the day. We couldn't do it on our own.

"Like a G5 yeah you rush to rescue me. Took a cross in exchange for throne to save me. You began the work and I know that You'll finish, You'll make all things right when you come back cause You're my hero, You've already saved the day."

So as I have this song in my head I read the Stuff Christians Like post called "Going Back". What stuck out to me was this line towards the end: "Rescue is a one way street." Wow. Once we are saved, we are saved. God doesn't wait until we have gotten ourselves out of the pit, He comes to us while we are still covered in dirt, trying our hardest to get out. We can't clean ourselves up for Him, we have to let Him do that.

I don't know about you, but that is wonderfully encouraging. Every break I tend to get myself in a lazy mess spiritually. I just don't do anything, and so I kinda flounder. But Jesus, my hero, is reaching in and pulling me out. I don't want to be in pit any more, I just want to follow Him. I want to live for Him. He gave everything for me, I should do the same for Him.

I am thankful to have a Hero God who has already saved the day and my soul.

Full lyrics: http://www.songlyrics.com/trip-lee/the-invasion-hero-lyrics/
SCL: http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/12/going-back/

No comments:

Post a Comment